This isn’t a short story and it would be overwhelming to read at once (let alone write – I tried). So for now I’m giving you the bullet points. I promise the post are coming on everything listed below.
- Overweight – Started controlling portion size. Became an avid label reader
- Cardiac Alert – Reduced bad fats. Cut all hydrogenated oils. Reduced red meat. Moved to wheat bread.
- Fertility / Pregnancy – Avoid nitrates. Increased organic / natural foods. Reduced processed foods. Learned about “good” fat. Switched cleaning products to all natural.
- Migraines – Avoid all artificial sweeteners, alcohol, MSG, artificial colors / preservatives. Started Acupuncture.
- While trying to figure things out – Gave up soda and enriched flours. Significantly reduced sugar intake (cut out most refined sugars)
- Gluten Sensitivity – Moved to a gluten free lifestyle for myself and my son.
- Toxicity – Moved to as much GMO (genetically modified organism) Free / organic food as possible. Got rid of even more processed food. Started avoiding artificial colors / preservatives in cleaning and personal care products. Got rid of prescription drugs that were “solving” one problem but creating others.
What we eat, drink, breathe and absorb has a SIGNIFICANT impact on our bodies. Respect your body and it will do it’s best to take care of you.
© Alicia Myers Leifheit and FoodisaJourney.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alicia Myers Leifheit and FoodisaJourney.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.